What documents will your bankruptcy attorney need?
The following documents are required in order to file Bankruptcy:
- 6 months of paystubs for you and your spouse, even if your spouse is not filing.
- Most recently filed federal and state tax returns. If returns are not available, transcripts should be ordered from the IRS and State Comptroller
- Award letters for any Social Security, Pension, Retirement and Disability income. Prior year 1099s will not be accepted. Information on ordering a Social Security benefit award letter is available at Social Security Administration
- If you are self-employed, profit-and-loss statements covering the previous 3 months.
- Recent bank statement for all bank accounts
- Certificate of completion of a credit counseling course. This required, 1.5 hour online course is available at www.DebtorCC.org
- Completed questionnaire provided by attorney
- Driver's License and Social Security Card (or a W-2 with your full Social Security Number).